Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Updates and what's up with the Los Angeles Times Magazine?

It's been pretty busy lately. I spent all of last week and some of the week before preparing images for re-working my portfolios for a couple of meetings I had. One of the things I do is to print everything 4x6 or 3x4 to scale (correct crop and all) and then I put those images on magnets and use magnet boards to work on layout. This might sound like a lot of work, and some of you might ask, why not do it on a computer screen, but since the images in a book are tangible prints, I find the most accurate way to see how the book is going to feel is to make smaller prints. I pick them up, move them around, and it feels very natural. Trying to get a feel for a 50 page portfolio on a computer screen doesn't really simulate the book feel, in my opinion. I finished preparing almost everything and actually swapped out about 15 prints in my portfolio in time for my Thursday meeting. Also had a shoot scheduled for Monday, cancelled, rescheduled Tuesday, cancelled, and now rescheduled again---so we'll see about that one.

In other news it looks like the Los Angeles Times Magazine (one of my most consistent clients) has been completely overhauled.
See stories here and here.

Two images I found while going through the archives in search of anything that might be usable.







No comments: